Former EMT-Paramedic,U.S. Marine Corps Staff Sergeant,College Counselor,ER Tech,Fitness Freak, Gadget Junkie,MacQuyver hacker,Husband,Father, and blogger. At your service.
Monday, May 14, 2012
Quick money saving hints
Here's a little story.
I once had a garage replace the exhust on my Nissan Altima. $450 bucks. It rusted out in 16 months, I went back to see if they would honor their product or service. NOPE. So I walked next door, bought the parts, and was SHOCKED to see that for them to walk 40 feet, they added an extra 40% on the parts and charged me for it. Never again.
..The next time, I bought the parts, put them in the vehicle, went to another mechanic who charged me a-hundred-bucks to install. Completed perfectly for $250.00.
Same thing for having the coils replaced on our Nissan MPV. Get the parts in advance of the mechanic doing the work.
Roofing Job to be done? Do some research! Figure out how many square the roof is, what is required, and get material quotes. Even Home Depot or Lowes will save you money on a contractors estimate for materials.. If you really want to save some money, call a lumber yard or roofing supply company for a materials quote. You'll save another $150.00 off of Home Depots Prices! The Company will deliver it to the site so its there waiting for the contractor when they arrive to do the work.
Questions? Feel free to comment or email. I'd be happy to help
Get to it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Good tip!
ReplyDelete